A few more moving tips…
Where to start
- Decide on moving date
- Call MetroMovers and book your move date
- Order delivery of boxes and packing supplies from MetroMovers
Day before move day;
- Disconnect washing machine and let hoses drain
- Disconnect BBQ gas bottle
- Prepare other appliances for removal
- Empty fridge & freezer contents into cooler box or esky
- All small items packed up into boxes
- Check parking for removals truck
Prior to moving day;
- Start packing
- Sort and discard or donate unwanted items.
- Consider garage sale or the Salvos.
- Clearly mark all fragile boxes and consolidate to one area.
- Separate and label all items needed on moving day e.g. keys, medicines, toiletries.
- Start reducing food in fridge and pantry
- Confirm parking/elevator booking for the day
- Confirm property settlement times
- Notify your neighbours of your move date.
Notify change of address to;
- TV cable
- Home security
- Banks and financial companies
- Motor registration
- Drivers licence
- Electoral role
- Redirect mail
- Memberships & subscriptions
- Friends and relatives