Affordable and Secure Furniture Storage Solutions
Do you require a couple days of self storage space whilst waiting for settlement day for your new home? Or need to store your furniture pieces for several months during your home renovations? Or want to put away your home contents for a few years whilst you are overseas? Look no further, MetroMovers is your one stop shop for moving and storage. We do the packing, loading, driving, unloading and storing all for you so you can sit down, relax and enjoy a cup of tea while we do the hard work.
Watch how our MetroMen Damien and John load a 10m³ storage module using every bit of space!
Short & Long Term Furniture Storage
When you move your contents into self storage with MetroMovers, here is how it works. A few strong MetroMen and an impressive MetroTruck will come to your home to collect your possessions. The team will start to prepare and wrap your furniture items with pads, blankets and wraps to ensure they are safe for short or long term storage. They will also conduct a full inventory and condition report of all your storage items for your assurance. Once they are done, they will drive back to our secure storage facility in Melbourne or Sydney where your contents will be stored using complimentary protective padding. When you are ready, give us a buzz and we will deliver everything back to your home or office on a day and time of your choice. It doesn’t get easier than that! And if your tea wasn’t sweet enough already; to sweeten the deal even more there are no lock in contracts so you only pay for the space and time you need and we offer discounts for long term stays.
Everyone has different reasons for why they need self storage space, and we can accommodate them all. Your requirements may include:
- Long or short term storage needs
- Residential or commercial items to be stored
- Interim storage due to delayed property settlements
- Storing of personal effects whilst you’re overseas
- Excess possessions due to downsizing your home
- Storing while renovating your home
- Sentimental things you don’t want to sell or give away
- Going away on an extended holiday or work contract while you rent out your home
- De-cluttering during the “Open For Inspection” stage of selling your home
- Small business stock holding
- Archiving of office effects
- And many more!
How Much Storage Space Do I Need?
Everyone’s home is unique and out of the thousands of homes we have moved, we have yet to come across any two that are the same. The amount of storage space you need will depend on how much contents you are wanting to store. For an average size home, the storage space required for your furniture is often:
- 1 Bedroom Home: 10 to 20 cubic metres
- 2 Bedroom Home: 20 to 30 cubic metres
- 3 Bedroom Home: 30 to 50 cubic metres
- 4 Bedroom Home: 40 to 60 cubic metres
- 5 Bedroom Home: 50 to 70 cubic metres
If you would like to know your exact volume of goods, send through a list of the items you would like to store and we can help you out.
Enquire About Our Storage Today
You can rest easy knowing our storage space facilities are managed, safe and secure so you know your possessions are in good hands. Call us on 1300 138 960 and speak to one of our friendly consultants to discuss your needs and book your space. You can also send an inventory list of items you would like to store through our contact form or simply use our our online system for a quote to move into our storage.